Meeting Minutes – April 13 2015

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Students Association

Meeting Minutes

Monday April 13, 2015

 

In Attendance:

Loryn, Ashly, Matt, Sam, Garrett, Josh, Megan, Erina, Ian, Steven M, Steven O, Jordan, Shaila, Garveen, Darleen

 

Open Issues

 

Reimbursements:

-Sam motioned to reimburse Steven M for the Year End Party in the amount of $1281. Matt seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved. The use of trust account is authorized if core is empty.

 

-Garveen motioned to reimburse Loryn for pizza she provided for the BPKSA meeting on March 30, 2015 for $50.90. Ashly seconded the motion. The motion was   unanimously approved. The use of trust account is authorized if core is empty.

 

-Steven M motioned to reimburse Josh $90 for Starbucks gift cards given out at the Year End Party. Ian seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved. The use of trust account is authorized if core is empty.

 

-Shaila motioned to reimburse Josh $200 for gift cards to The Keg for executive BPKSA members. Jordan seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved. The use of trust account is authorized if core is empty.

 

Year End Party

-was well done this year, but not up to expectations

-there were a lot of people still in the restaurant by the time the Year End Party was starting, who were also trying to take the food

-food was bought out really late (7 pm as opposed to 6 pm)

-no free beverages were provided (we paid for juice)

-this will be discussed with Club Ilia management and will be reflective of our

decision to hold the event @ Club Ilia next year

-can ask Brent to discuss with them

-we also had people standing at the beginning of the party waiting for tables since other patrons hadn’t left yet; needed Club Ilia to tell other patrons that restaurant was closed for the year end party

-approx. 50-60 people attended

-Loryn will write up a brief summary about the Year End Party for the BPK Newsletter; Leandra is also writing one up for KIN Games

-pictures from all past events are up on the BPK webpage

 

BPKSA in the Summer

meeting times for summer needs to be decided; Loryn will send out a doodle poll for this after exams are over

-Steven M & Josh will not be here in the summer; Sam will not be here in Juny & July

-since they all hold executive positions, these need to be filled (will decide on

this in the summer)

-we will also start planning the BPK Kickoff for Fall 2015 in May

 

Recruitment + Summer Executive Positions

-undergraduate recruitment into the BPKSA needs to be increased as many of the current executives may be graduating soon

-Cheri, Darleen & Laurie could send out emails at the beginning of each

semester to the undergraduates in an attempt to increase recruitment

-also need to add emails from the sign up sheet to the emailing list

-in addition, if new students are beginning to attend the meetings, we need

to make sure they play some kind of active role in the BPKSA; this way they

will maintain their attendance to the meetings

-Positions that are going to be available include: UPC Representative for KIN and BIF, Vice President, President, Treasurer

-Erina & Jordan will attend the UPC meeting on April 23rd with Steven M to

see how the meetings go; Ashly will attend the next one

-potentially could become the new UPC Reps for KIN or BIF; will

decide if they want the position following their attendance of the

meeting

-Erina will also potentially fill in as Treasurer of the BPKSA in the summer

during Josh’s absence

-will also need a new Vice President who is interested in taking on the role of

president eventually

-in addition, Sabrina is printing out more of the recruitment business cards

 

Adjournment:

The meeting of the BPKSA was adjourned by Loryn at 1:30 pm in the BPK Conference Room. This was the last meeting of the Spring 2015 semester. Summer meeting times are to be decided.

 

Leave a comment!