Meeting Minutes – March 9 2015

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Students Association

Meeting Minutes

Monday March 9, 2015

 

Opening:

The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order by Loryn at 12:30 pm in the BPK Conference Room

 

In attendance:

Ian, Steven M, Josh, Garrett, Sam, Deepak, Jordan, Bogdan, Ashly, Loryn, Shaila, Garveen, Matt, Steven O, Megan,

 

Open Issues:

 

Clothing:

-orders went in today & extra clothing was ordered which we can reserve for next year to show people the sizing

-ordered about 74 dryfits and 74 crewnecks (the new clothing additions proved to be very popular)

-the brain design t-shirts was not as popular and only 6 were bought; we need a minimum 24 to actually order them so therefore we will inform the individuals who bought the brain design that we won’t be ordering them

-we will offer them other clothing or refund their money

-Chose double printing this year on the clothing to increase quality of the designs

-date of the orders coming in: TBA

-Josh sent in all the designs and the clothing orders; the company will make a mock up design and will send a draft to Josh which will show what it will look like

-we’ll also be paying duty since it is from the USA & we won’t have the clothing shipped to a PO box since shipping to Canada is free and since duty has to be paid regardless

 

Year End Party

-the doodle poll results from the faculty are in: Thursday, April 9th and Friday, April 10th are the dates that work best for the faculty

-the issue with Friday the 10th is that Club Ilia will charge $25 a head and we’ll need a minimum of 100 people

-a tally was taken in the meeting to determine which date(s) we can make; April the 2nd won with 14 people being able to make it compared to 10 for April the 10th

-Ashly will coordinate with Club Ilia and book it

 

KIN Cup

-March 23rd, 5:30-7:30 pm; anyone can attend the event but we need to try and keep it within the department as best as we can to promote student faculty interactions

-we cannot have the score clock since the score clocks are brand new (older ones were rented out and returned damaged)

-we can have the flip score boards and a timer display instead

-updating trophy: we can update it after KIN Cup so only 1 trip has to be made

-Grant: need to have the grant drafted ASAP

-Josh will draft it; Steven will send the stats from last year to determine

how many people may attend and how much to apply for

-we need to do class presentations next week and in addition promote BPK Research Day

-make sure to only advertise the poster presentations that will be following

the oral presentations and the keynote speakers

-Class Presentations: for next week

-aim more for 100 level courses like BPK 140, 142, 143

-Loryn will send an email to faculty & follow up with this

 

KIN Games

-Lea emailed Loryn about using the BPKSA travel funding from the SFSS for KIN Games

-Sam made the motion to sponser all 22 participants of KIN Games for $54.55 each for a total of $1200 to help cover hotel costs.

-the 22 participants include:

Leandra Ramsay

Margaret Chang

Hanna Taykandy

Natalie Fujisawa

Ashly Hill

Samindi Fernando

Aryana Ebrahimzadeh

Lydia-Rose Kerouac-Dube

Erin Williams

Rachael Hutchinson

Brandon Sibal

Steven McGee

Mike Chiu

Daniel Stilla

Jayten Patel

Igor Leporis

Jonathan Raygada

Konrad Maludzinski

Kreig Yeh

Matteo Gazzola

Parham Elmi

Victor Li

-Ashly seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.

 

UPC Meeting Update

Steven attended the UPC meeting and provided an update during the meeting

-Dr. Richard Ward attended meetings with the Math Department to gear Math 154 and 155 more towards BPK

-Dr. Max Donelan will work on MATH 155 which will be restructured to be more

department specifi school

-Dr. Josephine Anthony and Craig Asmundson will be retiring soon

-50th anniversary dinner of SFU is coming up in the Fall or the Summer; we will also have a BPK specific one with alumni and previous faculty members coming

-Dr. Glen Tibbits is asking for BPKSA participation for volunteering and getting students

out for the alumni event

 

Meeting with Dr. Glen Tibbits

-Dr. Tibbits got back to Loryn and says that Monday, March 23rd will most likely work for him; Loryn will confirm and get back to us on this

-we need to make a sub-committee to come up with an agenda for this meeting so its more organized and structured

 

Adjournment:

The meeting of the BPKSA was adjourned by Loryn at 1:30 pm in the BPK Conference Room. The next meeting will be held on Monday March 16th , 2015 in the BPK Conference Room at 12:30 pm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a comment!