Minutes – April 6, 2011
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
April 6, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 11:31am on April 6, 2011 in AQ5038 by Torny Hansen-Bubnick.
- Torny, Matt, Amanda B., Marissa, Alex, Eric, Steven, Amanda W., Brent, Lauren, and Sandra
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- still don’t have date for arrival
- John will make sure everyone gets their order
- comes to $3060
- motion to pay invoice for clothing $681 from core to A and D Solutions
- Lauren seconds the motion
- motion passed unanimously
- brings core to $496
- motion to use this for Club Illya (Year-End Event)
- Marissa seconds
- motion passes unanimously
- profit of $515
- Core – $1177.90
- Scotia Bank – $2714.90
- Year-End Event
- sold/given away 46 tickets
- deadline of 1pm today
- Ticket sales – $570
- They want money the day of the event
- we need an invoice for SFSS to get the cheque
- we should be fine though
- don’t know how to get the grant money for this
- So far, we have enough to pay for 50 people
- door prizes
- may or may not have any because clothing is not in
- if we have clothes by then, sure
- if not, then don’t need to give away door prizes
- check for tickets
- just draw a line on the back of the ticket
- Amanda B.
- Sun Run
- need someone to pick up the packages
- 200 Granville St. (not Concord Place)
- Alex can do this
- find a meeting place to distribute the packages the morning of
- PMC Fun Run
- 7 free entries (also have free admission to Science World)
- give out to first 7 or split cost?
- Sunday, May 29 at 9am
- it says to join the Science World team
- think we can create our own team
- not necessarily kin team, could be a science team
- deadline for making logo May 2
- $35 per person
- do we want to do this?
- Brent will take this on
- SFSS Budget
- $1000/DSU per year
- includes grant and core
- ~half what we get now
- argument is to use SFSS services
- food is expensive
- close down pub for a year?
- if not, close it during the day
- look over menu
- better quality food that’s relatively cheap
- competing against all the over food venues on campus
- most of the customers are students with little money in the first place
- Won’t have to worry about Careers in Kin
- we’ll figure something out
- We’ll change our events accordingly
- organize events with other DSUs to pool our resources
- have science events instead of just kin events
- meet at least once a week? month?
- create a timeline for the year
- Meeting was adjourned at 12:08pm by Torny Hansen-Bubnick. The next meeting will be TBA in TBD at TBD.