Minutes – April 9, 2010
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
April 9, 2010
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 9:30 on April 9, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Blaine, Lauren, Sandra, Amanda, Marissa, Matt, Charlotte
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Bulletin Board is complete: All that needs to be done in upcoming semesters is a change of times/pictures of events, but everything else can remain
- Year End Party:
- No tickets have been sold yet, but Laurie will make up transparencies for class presentations and they will be in Kin office for the taking (put up at the beginning of class
- Email went out to students and faculty
- 14 people are confirmed on facebook
- Buy tickets ASAP to make it appear like an actual event (everyone is coming except Amanda)
- We will start giving out higher number tickets (ie. 50) to make it appear as if more people are confirmed
- Itinerary is needed, as well as slideshows, speeches ect.
- In the past, Anatomy Simon Says has been played to determine who eats first
- MCs are Blaine and Brent
- Blaine will talk to Peter Ruben about speaking at event, and John can say something
- DJ John contacted is out of town, referred to another DJ who charges $600 (too much); John contacted the band from his bar (acoustic, but able to play upbeat music) and they are open to a price (usually $400 and we have $450 budgeted, offer $400)
- Budget: $100 revenue from club night ($30 used for supplies for Year End, $70 left), need to start spending money on event to get core
- Call for Elections next week, Friday, April 16 for the summer semester
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:55am by John Abreu-Lanza. The next meeting will be at 9:30am on April 16th, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room.