Minutes – August 10, 2012
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Friday, August 10, 2012
- The ad-hoc meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:05pm on Friday, August 10, 2012 in the Highland Pub by Brent.
- Amanda, Sidney, Shaila, Brent, Steven, Torny
- Science Frosh
- AJ, on behalf of SciCrew, has requested that we allocate $500 of our allotted $3000 in grant money next year toward Science Frosh. He has approached all Science DSUs regarding this issue.
- Discussion took place on the merits of Science Frosh, since Shaila attended last year.
- Overall a good experience, though part of what people look forward to most about Frosh is the overnight bonding experience, which it presently lacks.
- If our contribution will help Science Frosh continue to grow and eventually become a very large-scale event like that, she felt it would be a good thing for students.
- Motion: Approve allocating $500 of our $3000 granting allotment toward Science Frosh 2012.
- Passes unanimously
- Meeting was adjourned at 1:16pm by Brent. The next meeting will be TBD.