Minutes – December 2, 2009

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

December 2nd, 2009

Opening:

  • The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:34pm on December 2nd, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.

In attendance:

  • John, Lauren, Torny, Blaine, Brent, Marissa, Matt, Lucia and Sandra.

Approval of Agenda

  • The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

Approval of Minutes

  • The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.

Open Issues

  • Careers in Kin
    • Brent has more confirmations for us this week
    • A medical doctor and student have confirmed to come
    • We don’t have physiotherapist confirmed (Mike Foster)
      •  John is still trying to contact him
    • Chiropractor has been confirmed to come
    • We would like to have a sports psychologist if it’s a possibility
    • Cheri is still waiting on requests for 2 rooms in tasc 2
    • Cherri wants a copy of the grant for records
      • Blaine could you please forward it to her
    • Takahashi poster:
      • Would like to see “For more information contact ksa@sfu.ca” on it
      • We still need to come up with questions for Takahashi and e-mail them to ksa@sfu.ca. Please do so ASAP
    • We will start advertising the first week of classes and put up everything in the display case
      • Does anyone have a jersey they are willing to put in there for a few weeks? If so, please e-mail ksa@sfu.ca
    • Would it be possible to hang banners in the entrances for the ASB and Shrum science center off the AQ?
    • Has not heard back about the grad lab tours yet
    • John: Nathan is interested – strength coach
    • Friend, OT Student has friends that she has passed on who might be interested. SFU Kin grads
  • Website and Clothing Updates:
    • Jackie has responded and John will be meeting with her next Tuesday
      • She may be able to do the logos for our banner and t-shirts
      • If it works out, John will send out e-mail so everyone can vote on the ides
    • Charlotte has a friend who does promo work and can get us lanyards
      • Will compare those prices with the imprint prices
  • Clubs’ Days
    • Clubs days for the Spring semester will be Jan 12-14
    •  Which 2 days do we want to have out of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?
      • Voted and decided on Tuesday and Wednesday
    • Our General meeting will be January 22 which gives us a chance to advertise at clubs days
    • Lucia to talk to the peak about putting up an ad in the peak
      • John will send you information that it should contain
    • Come up with a blurb and run it by John to see if anything else needs to be added
      • To be entered in paper for the first 3 weeks of school
  • Common room
    • John is still waiting on an e-mail back from the Communications President
  • To-do list
    • John will send the to-do list that we started in the summer out again so we can all see what we have accomplished so far and what we have left to do
    • We will plan for clubs days at our first meeting back next term which will be  Friday January 8th at 9:30am
    • Clubs days feedback and suggestions for the Spring Term
      • Less food is needed as we had a lot left over
      • Same advertising scheme and set-up
      • Hopefully we will have a banner and clothes for display
  • Christmas party
    • Is everyone still interested?
      • Yes
    • Thinking of Lazer tag and food afterwards
      •  Cheaper on Sundays
      • We are thinking of Dec 20th at night
      • Would another day work better for everyone else?
  • Additional Business
    • Blaine:
    • Will want to know what we want to see in the SUB when it’s built so he can liaise the information to the SFSS
      • We will touch on the topic at the next meeting in the Spring Term

New Meeting Time

  • Please note that starting in the first week of classes of the spring term the BPKSA meeting time will be set for Fridays at 9:30am.

 Adjournment

  • Meeting was adjourned at 12.57pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next meeting will be at 9:30pm on January 8th, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room

Leave a comment!