Minutes – December 2, 2009
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
December 2nd, 2009
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:34pm on December 2nd, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Lauren, Torny, Blaine, Brent, Marissa, Matt, Lucia and Sandra.
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Careers in Kin
- Brent has more confirmations for us this week
- A medical doctor and student have confirmed to come
- We don’t have physiotherapist confirmed (Mike Foster)
- John is still trying to contact him
- Chiropractor has been confirmed to come
- We would like to have a sports psychologist if it’s a possibility
- Cheri is still waiting on requests for 2 rooms in tasc 2
- Cherri wants a copy of the grant for records
- Blaine could you please forward it to her
- Takahashi poster:
- Would like to see “For more information contact email@example.com” on it
- We still need to come up with questions for Takahashi and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do so ASAP
- We will start advertising the first week of classes and put up everything in the display case
- Does anyone have a jersey they are willing to put in there for a few weeks? If so, please e-mail email@example.com
- Would it be possible to hang banners in the entrances for the ASB and Shrum science center off the AQ?
- Has not heard back about the grad lab tours yet
- John: Nathan is interested – strength coach
- Friend, OT Student has friends that she has passed on who might be interested. SFU Kin grads
- Website and Clothing Updates:
- Jackie has responded and John will be meeting with her next Tuesday
- She may be able to do the logos for our banner and t-shirts
- If it works out, John will send out e-mail so everyone can vote on the ides
- Charlotte has a friend who does promo work and can get us lanyards
- Will compare those prices with the imprint prices
- Clubs’ Days
- Clubs days for the Spring semester will be Jan 12-14
- Which 2 days do we want to have out of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?
- Voted and decided on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Our General meeting will be January 22 which gives us a chance to advertise at clubs days
- Lucia to talk to the peak about putting up an ad in the peak
- John will send you information that it should contain
- Come up with a blurb and run it by John to see if anything else needs to be added
- To be entered in paper for the first 3 weeks of school
- Common room
- John is still waiting on an e-mail back from the Communications President
- To-do list
- John will send the to-do list that we started in the summer out again so we can all see what we have accomplished so far and what we have left to do
- We will plan for clubs days at our first meeting back next term which will be Friday January 8th at 9:30am
- Clubs days feedback and suggestions for the Spring Term
- Less food is needed as we had a lot left over
- Same advertising scheme and set-up
- Hopefully we will have a banner and clothes for display
- Christmas party
- Is everyone still interested?
- Thinking of Lazer tag and food afterwards
- Cheaper on Sundays
- We are thinking of Dec 20th at night
- Would another day work better for everyone else?
- Additional Business
- Will want to know what we want to see in the SUB when it’s built so he can liaise the information to the SFSS
- We will touch on the topic at the next meeting in the Spring Term
New Meeting Time
- Please note that starting in the first week of classes of the spring term the BPKSA meeting time will be set for Fridays at 9:30am.
- Meeting was adjourned at 12.57pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next meeting will be at 9:30pm on January 8th, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room