Minutes – January 15, 2010
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
January 15th, 2010
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:32pm on January 15th, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Lauren, Charlotte, Brent, Sandra, Marissa, Blaine and Graham.
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- CMNSU Common Room
- Graham Hiscocks came to talk about the common room situation. Trying to get DSUs who have common rooms to share. Seeing if Communications will open up their common room, but they did elections and have a new exec. Graham will bring this issue up again at the next forum meeting.
- Careers in Kinesiology/Roger Takahashi Update
- Still need people to sign up on Simplicity
- Will advertise on facebook
- Darleen bought the Canucks jersey and will need to be reimbursed
- Thank-you gift for Takahashi: IOU for BPK clothing?
- nothing suitable at the bookstore
- embroidered jacket?
- Volunteers for CiK: take to labs (4), registration (2), food (2), people in roms (5) x 3 (Lauren will bring sign-up for next week)
- $500 from the Department
- Clubs’ Days Wrap-Up
- Only set up for one day
- Not many people came to sit at the table
- need more commitment from students to help at our events, etc.
- Email back from embroidery place à do everything we need but Beer mugs and lanyards. Waiting for price estimates.
- Thinking of getting Fruit of the Loom instead of Gildan
- Everyone please check http://budget-t.com
- General Meeting
- Next week in the General Meeting and Elections
- Will send out a notice to the mail list
- Get food to entice people to come
- coffee and doughnuts from Timmys,1-2 coffee boxes and 3 boxes of doughnuts (Blaine will get it)
- Meeting was adjourned at 10:05m by John Abreu-Lanza. The next meeting will be a General Meeting at 9:30am on January 22nd, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room.