Minutes – July 5, 2013

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

Friday, July 5, 2013

Opening

The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:37pm on Friday, July 5, 2013 in AQ 5004 by Steven.

In attendance

  • Steven, Megan, Matt, Debbie, Jade, Jason, Mohammed

Open Issues

  • BPK Orientation
    • there is talk that the BBQ will remain on Thursday Sept 12th and that the time could possibly move to 12-1:30pm
    • this saves us from planning a lunch for the students and also allows us to add another stop on our lab tours if there is interest
      • Joyce mentioned the faculty would like to see a teaching lab present on the tour so Steven is going to find out if they just want a tour of a lab or a demonstration done as well (Kin 142 ECG demo is a possibility)
      • the Molecular Cardiac Group and Max Donelan have confirmed their labs are available to tour
    • Alex emailed Peer Health and we are waiting to hear back
    • if they do confirm Steven will try to book the VIP Room (or the area in front of it) for them to present at- as this will keep all the stops in the Lorne Davies Complex saving us travel time
    • Matt will continue to check in with Co-op to monitor the passport development
    • Steven will talk to the presenters to see what supplies they need
    • when Michelle is back from vacation we will talk with her about registration status and the WebSurvey
    • promotion will be done through: the website (Megan will create a webpage), emails, phone calls, Facebook, laptops set up at Science Frosh and Week of Welcome (we want a table near B9200), class presentations
    • next week we will create the presentation for the Info Session
  • Science Rep Visit
    • Science Frosh
      • will be held Sept 5-6th most likely
      • BPKSA should be present at a table with their banner up and members around to promote the DSU
      • each DSU is contributing some sort of activity that represents their faculty
        • BPK could design an activity for The Carnival or an obstacle course for The Amazing Race
      • if you are interested in being a team leader email Jade Andersen at sciencerep@sfss.ca
    • Concert
      • during the late afternoon/early evening of Sept 13th there will be a huge concert in Convo Mall followed by an after party at the pub
      • the list of performers is being finalized and during the 3rd week of July we will be provided tickets to sell
      • 75 volunteers are needed for this event and if you are interested email Jade Andersen at sciencerep@sfss.ca
    • when registration for BPK Orientation starts “Square Register” may be handy to use
      • it just requires students to swipe their credit cards eliminating the need for cash (which usually prevents people from buying tickets as they don’t have cash on them)

Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 1:50 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 12:30pm on Friday, July 12, 2013 in AQ 5004.

Leave a comment!