Minutes – June 18, 2012
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Monday, June 18, 2012
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:32pm on Monday, June 18, 2012 in AQ 5038 by Brent.
- Brent, Shaila, Sidney, Megan, Amanda, Jason, Joyce, Steven
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Forum update
- One member of forum is proposing to have forum given their own budget of $5000
- Discussion took place regarding the need and potential use for such a fund.
- There were concerns regarding potential lack of oversight as well as where the money would be taken from in the current budget. Additionally, it was observed that forum already has many committees that are tasked with specific things, which already receive funding (advocacy, etc.)
- The Association felt that it could not support such a motion as it stands.
- 241 Tape Fund
- It was suggested that a tape collection be subsidized to allow students who are currently enrolled in 241 to buy some for cheap, or have a couple given to them for free.
- Amanda is going to look into what it costs at SportMed and Brent will check around for some other options as well.
- SportMed has a 10% discount to students currently enrolled in a taping course.
- suggested to have a taping party hosted by a couple people who just finished 241 or volunteer with physio to help out students studying for their taping midterms/finals.
- BPKSA could provide tape?
- The SFU physio clinic is looking for volunteers for fall
- Contact Ashley Cornish for more info.
- Wings Night
- Have 18 confirmed and 11 maybes, and a bunch of people who are going but are too lazy to bother to actually go on Facebook. Anticipate maybe 25?
- Meeting was adjourned at 1:12pm by Brent. The next meeting will be Monday, June 25, 2012 in AQ 5038 at 12:30pm