Minutes – June 21, 2013

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

Friday, June 21, 2013

Opening

The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:38pm on Friday, June 21, 2013 in AQ 5004 by Steven.

In attendance

  • Steven, Dora, Matt, Debbie, Brent, Megan, Mohammed

Open Issues

  • BPK Orientation
    • Michelle let us know that we typically admit 100 students into BPK each Fall –> we estimate 50 students will attend BPK orientation
    • Matt will talk to Darleen about the passport and reserving a smaller room (tutorial sized, with a projector) on the 4000 level of the AQ or near the major lecture halls
    • we will accept new registrants on the day of
    • will advertise during the first week of classes in lectures and at clubs days
    • Registration Survey will ask for: name, student number, email, intended major, dietary restrictions (for BBQ and snacks)
    • Evaluation Survey will ask:
      • How did you hear about the event?
      • What convinced you to come?
      • What was the best part of BPK Orientation?
      • What was the worst part of BPK Orientation?
      • What topics did we not cover that you wish we had?
    • should send out a 3rd survey at the end of their first semester to ask if there was anything they felt unprepared for that they wished we had gone over
    • Megan will create a BPK Orientation web page as soon as we have confirmation on the places we will visit and the labs we will tour (Joyce will let us know)
      • the web page will include: what orientation is, the stops we are making on the tours, the labs we are visiting, the schedule, info  on the passports
  • Summer Kin Cup
    • Steven will talk to Tony about spreading the idea to faculty members, and Steven will ask Laurie to send them an email when we decide on a date and time
    • Wednesday July 17th is the date we are looking at
    • the hours for Fox field won’t work for us; alternatives include: the field by the upper bus loop, the field behind MBC (Steven will talk to the people running Summer Camps to make sure they aren’t using either of them)
    • we plan on doing a mixed teams (students and faculty) event

Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 1:15 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 12:30pm on Friday, June 28, 2013 in AQ 5004.

 

Leave a comment!