Minutes – June 21, 2013
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Friday, June 21, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:38pm on Friday, June 21, 2013 in AQ 5004 by Steven.
- Steven, Dora, Matt, Debbie, Brent, Megan, Mohammed
- BPK Orientation
- Michelle let us know that we typically admit 100 students into BPK each Fall –> we estimate 50 students will attend BPK orientation
- Matt will talk to Darleen about the passport and reserving a smaller room (tutorial sized, with a projector) on the 4000 level of the AQ or near the major lecture halls
- we will accept new registrants on the day of
- will advertise during the first week of classes in lectures and at clubs days
- Registration Survey will ask for: name, student number, email, intended major, dietary restrictions (for BBQ and snacks)
- Evaluation Survey will ask:
- How did you hear about the event?
- What convinced you to come?
- What was the best part of BPK Orientation?
- What was the worst part of BPK Orientation?
- What topics did we not cover that you wish we had?
- should send out a 3rd survey at the end of their first semester to ask if there was anything they felt unprepared for that they wished we had gone over
- Megan will create a BPK Orientation web page as soon as we have confirmation on the places we will visit and the labs we will tour (Joyce will let us know)
- the web page will include: what orientation is, the stops we are making on the tours, the labs we are visiting, the schedule, info on the passports
- Summer Kin Cup
- Steven will talk to Tony about spreading the idea to faculty members, and Steven will ask Laurie to send them an email when we decide on a date and time
- Wednesday July 17th is the date we are looking at
- the hours for Fox field won’t work for us; alternatives include: the field by the upper bus loop, the field behind MBC (Steven will talk to the people running Summer Camps to make sure they aren’t using either of them)
- we plan on doing a mixed teams (students and faculty) event
Meeting was adjourned at 1:15 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 12:30pm on Friday, June 28, 2013 in AQ 5004.