Minutes – June 4, 2012
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Monday, June 4, 2012
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:31pm on Monday, June 4, 2012 in AQ 5038 by Brent.
- Brent, Steven, Shaila, Kirstin, Sidney
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Business cards
- Co-op has proposed we have some double-sided business cards printed as a joint promotional venture
- Co-op would be on one side, BPKSA on the other side
- Brent is working with the co-op student hired for the term to put something together, and will distribute drafts by email or at meetings for feedback
- Co-op has asked if we could split the cost of printing with them on 500 cards, which is estimated at $75.00 from each group from the SFSS print shop, but that’s based on price estimates that may change.
- Meeting relocation
- Since Shaila threw the frisbee out the open window, it was decided that we should go outside for the rest of the meeting to enable us to better throw the frisbee around.
- June BPKSA Dinner
- Brent suggested that we have the dinner in June instead of the hike, because it’s more accessible to a larger number of people.
- The idea is that if people see the dinner was a good time, they’ll be more likely to want to come out to something else, which will help get the hike some numbers.
- Some discussion took place regarding timing of midterms this semester.
- It was suggested that we aim for the 26th (Tuesday) or the 28th (Thursday).
- Maybe just make a poll on Facebook and see when more people are available?
- Depending on how many people show up the BPKSA could cover some food, dessert, etc.
- Future events
- Maybe have something every 2-3 weeks over the rest of the summer.
- Chief hike, climbing, movie, etc.
- Fall Barbecue
- This year the fall barbecue was cancelled since it’s expensive to plan.
- Co-op and the BPKSA will head it up next year, and perhaps we’ll be able to contribute some of our core funding to helping the event be successful.
- Immediate advertising is imperative, as talking in classes is what really seems to draw people out.
- This event is particularly important as it’s really early in the year and gives us a chance to recruit first year students.
- Meeting was adjourned at 1:21pm by Brent. The next meeting will be Monday, June 11, 2012 in AQ 5038 at 12:30pm