Minutes – November 18, 2009
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
November 18th, 2009
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:32pm on November 18th, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Lauren, Torny, Blaine, Brent, Marissa, and Sandra.
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Careers in Kin
- Brent hasn’t heard back from his OT guy
- John will contact his friend
- Torny’s contact is an SFU Grad and is not interested
- Brent Update
- Will be meeting with Darleen on Friday
- Most rooms are booked
- Darleen has a copy of a rough schedule
- Brent will get a tally of exhibitors and a tally of presenters for next weeks meeting
- Still need to look into the Jersey prize for the Roger Takahashi event
- The Psychology DSU website that John sent out is clean crisp design
- Designer/Creator has lots of experience with adobe
- Could design it for us based on our ideas
- Could potentially help us with our banner
- Going with this designer could save us a lot of time that many of us don’t have
- John will send out an e-mail today contacting her
- Ideas for the website
- Black background, white writing
- Additional business
- Common Room
- Communications is willing to share their common room in K8863 with us
- John is still waiting to hear back from the President and to sort out details
- Brent was the only KSA member to show up
- A lot of fun and would definitely recommend going next time
- E-mail from the Peak
- The Peak will be leaving some space in the paper for news of what’s going on with DSU’s
- Something we could take advantage of for promoting events and what’s going on with the BPKSA
- End of term
- 2 meetings left
- Gift exchange again this year?
- Voted all against
- Lazer Tag after exams
- Everyone in favour
- Meeting was adjourned at 12.49pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next general meeting will be at 12:30pm on November 25th, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room.