Minutes – November 21, 2013
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Thursday, November 21, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:30pm on Thursday, November 21, 2013 in AQ 4130 by Steven.
- Steven M., Sydney, Debbie, Loryn, Lucy, Gina, Navo, Steven O., Mohammed, Kirstin
- went really well!!
- ~25 people in attendance
- REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES AT EVENTS FOR NEXT TIME
- Spent $200 dollars, covered by SFSS grant
- Motion to reimburse Steven M. $340 was motioned by Navo, Loryn second, and unanimously approved
- Career Event
- Look at funding for Career Event
- Art work for “I am BPK” pins
- Physio? Who will be our PT? Sarah Ferguson?
- Sarah Chow-OT student
- Joyce emailed, Dave Clarke for research
- Labs;, Tom Claydon, James Wakling and Steven Robinovich not 100% committed
- Bill Reid will be here from Chiropractic school in California
- Sana for PT student
- Alicia Zacharias or Jesse for med student, want practicing doc?
- yes if we can find one! get recommendations for other docs that are sfu alum that have already spoken for speakers
- Clothing Sale:
- Suggestions for next time:
- Generic SFU BPK hoodie
- Different sweatpants
- POLO-to rep Sfu more professionally
- Rain jackets
- Yoga pants?-might be too expensive
- Molecules and mustaches (November, 22 2013)
- FSU asking for funding (1/6 of funding for association) and advertising,
- faculty from other departments will be there
- Willing to contribute $150 was motioned by Lauren, second by Gina, unanimously approved
- Look at event for future
- Applied for $500 grant from dean
- Dar is posting on Linked in about volunteer and non-coop positions
- Kin Games
- Interested in sponsoring kin games team to go to McMaster?
- Glenn has put forward money for registration, need to pay for flight to Toronto and bus to Hamilton
- Fundraising: sponsor event-all money goes to kin games (MAKE IT ANNUAL)
- Total of 17 would be going
- Dec 15-Shadow Pub Night! Ugly sweater party for kin games fundraiser
- Reimburse Mohammed for up to $40 for meeting pizza was motioned by Debbie, second by Loryn, unanimously approved
Meeting was adjourned at 2:24 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 1:30pm on Thursday, November 28, 2013 in AQ 4130.