Minutes – November 8, 2012
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Thursday, November 8, 2012
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:32pm on Thursday, November 8, 2012 in the BPK Seminar Room by Steven.
- Steven, AJ, Sidney, Michiko, Shaila, Megan, Debbie, Lucy, Brent
- Career Event
- all presenters are booked except for OT and Kinesiologist
- Michiko will be emailing out some ideas for the program
- Geek Week
- one event during it will bring presenters from all sorts of careers within the various science departments together to do a 3 min talk about their career and then a Q&A period following—we can contribute the names of some presenters to discuss kinesiology-related careers
- would like for each DSU to have a table in the AQ for half a day during the week– we need to think up task based challenges for students to do that are quick (between 2-5min) and when they complete them they get a ticket for prize draws being held
- ex. Star Trace Maze, Vertical Jump, Prism Goggle Obstacle Course
- we’ve been approved for a $200 grant and will supply $50 from core
- you do not have to be a Kin student to come, friends are welcome!
- you can bring your own indoor shoes if you’d like instead of using rental ones
- the first 15 people to arrive @ The Hive by 7:20 will get in for free, anyone else who shows up after should be sure to have $10 cash with them
- Clothing Order
- decided to remove hoodie from our list as we already have two other sweaters (crewneck and zip-up)
- picked out colours we liked for each item–Megan will email out the new list
- the next step is to order some samples and decide on the logos/sayings to be printed
Meeting was adjourned at 2:18pm by Steven. The next meeting will be Thursday, November 15 2012 in the BPK Seminar Room at 1:30pm.