Minutes – October 10, 2013
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Thursday, October 10, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:30pm on Thursday, October 10, 2013 in AQ 4130 by Steven.
- Steven M., Alex, Lucy, Loryn, Steven O., Jake, Debbie, Sidney, Joyce, Kirsten, Navo, Marcus, Will
- Fall Social Event
- Extreme Air Park? Laser Tag? Bouldering? Bowling?
- We decided on Bowling (and to make it more interactive we will have rotation of people to switch up the teams)
- Friday, November 15 at 5:00pm – Pizza at 6pm
- Debbie will make Facebook event once we have more details
- Jake will check with REVs manager about how the payment and games will work and possibly using or renting the upstairs part of REVs for after
- Career Event
- We voted between the thinker pose and the brain pictures for the cover of the career event brochure – the thinker pose won.
- We will be using the same schedule as last year – choosing 5 careers and having 2 breakout sessions and doing lab tours before
- Date: Thursday, January 21, 2014
- Breakout Session #1: OT & PT Panel vs. Research.
- Breakout Session #2: Medicine vs. Athletic Therapy vs. Strength & Conditioning (We need to see if we have enough SFU kin grads for strength & conditioning to come to talk. If we don’t find enough speakers, we will just have Med & AT)
- Joyce will talk to professors about interest in lab tours
- Kin week
- Tuesday, October 22 at 5:30-7:30pm
- Volunteers: Alex, Sydney, Debbie, Navo, Steven M., Gina? & anyone else whose interested – we will discuss more next week
Meeting was adjourned at 2:25 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at 1:30pm on Thursday, October 17, 2013 in AQ 4130.