Minutes – October 17, 2013
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Thursday, October 17, 2013
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:30pm on Thursday, October 17, 2013 in AQ 4130 by Steven.
- Steven M., Alex, Debbie, Mohammed, Jake, Navo, Gina, Loryn
- Science Spooktacular Event
- They are looking for volunteers
- October 26, 2013 – The event is 12pm-3pm so the volunteer shift is around 11am-4pm
- If interested, e-mail email@example.com
- Kin week event
- 40 people resgietered (we are aiming for ~70)
- Promote it!
- Career Event
- Saywell Hall is booked
- We will ask strength & conditioning, and if we can’t get them we’ll have Athletic Therapy fill in their post
- Breakout #1: PT/OT Panel vs. Research
- Breakout #2: Med vs. Strength & Conditioning
- Darleen and Cheri will get contacts for speakers
- Clothing Sale
- Booked tables for Wed-Fri (oct. 23-25) but since many of us have midterms, Steven will book tables for November 4-7
- Everyone, e-mail your availability/schedules to Steven
- Debbie will create schedule
- We still need to finish recording inventory (it takes around ½ hour/box)
- If we get lots of people helping, we can do it after next week’s meeting
- Bowling Night
- November 15, 2013
- Update from Jake: we can’t get discount
- We will most likely get people to pay for the first game and BPKSA will pay for their subsequent games
- We will pay for pizza.
- Jake will give Joe Frolik’s (REVs Manager) e-mail to Lucy so that she can sort out pricing and Gluten-Free options
- We will book 4 lanes
Meeting was adjourned at 2:00 pm by Steven. The next meeting will be at1:30pm on Thursday, October 24, 2013 in AQ 4130.