Minutes – October 7, 2009

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

October 7th, 2009

Opening

  • The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:35pm on October 7th, 2009 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.

In attendance

  • John, Lauren, Blaine, Torny, Brent, Stephanie, Lucia, Marissa, Matt, Sandra and Brett

Approval of Agenda

  • The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

Approval of Minutes

  • The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.

Open Issues

  • Kin Cup
    • Itinerary
    • Decided to start with Basketball because it’s easier to jump in as people arrive.
    • 6:00pm – Set-up
    • 6:30pm – Basketball
    • 7:00pm – Dodge Ball (Best of 5)
    • After Dodge Ball, Soccer will begin
    • ~9:15pm finish Soccer and announce winning group
  • Funds already approved
  • E-mail
    • Blaine has forwarded the e-mail for Professors and Grad students to Lori who has sent it out to the e-mail lists
    • Will forward the e-mail for students to Lori to send out as well
  • Refreshments
    • Already have water bottles
    • 2x Flats of juice
    • 6x boxes of 24x cookies
  • Advertising
    • Lucia has poster made
    • Poster was approved unanimously by everyone
    • Will finish, print out and start postering ASAP
    • Transparencies needed
      • Check to see if the Kin department or Co-op office will help with the printing
    • John will e-mail everyone to see who can help with postering
    • Schedule of classes
      • Go to your own classes
      • Lucia will send out a list of classes for everyone to sign up for
    • Knock on Professors doors with the poster and place the poster in their mail box
  • Fall Social
    • Stephanie will follow up with e-mail to forum list
    • John will get the forms we need for a liquor license
    • Date: November 20th, 2009
    • Time: 4 pm
    • Location
      • Will be looked into with the options of the James Douglas Safe Study Area or the Rotunda
    • We will stay with the same format as last year
      • Cheap beer and pizza (From pizza point)
    • Games: We need to improve on greatly
      • Include rock band and wii sports
  • Careers in Kin
    • Blaine will ask Stephen Price to set up the web survey
    • Possible dates: November 26th or November 27th
    • Brent to e-mail Darleen and ask her to e-mail the Canucks Strength and Conditioning Coach and see what day he can make it.
    • Possible contacts:
      • If anyone has a possible contact for Careers in Kin, please talk to them and bring their name(s) forward
  • Miscellaneous
    • Ski Trip
      • John e-mailed about the details
      • Great idea, but it sounds flaky
      • Will contact CAC and get information on their ski trip as they have a very successful one each year
    • Right to Play
      • What is it?
      • They fundraise to bring sports to underdeveloped countries
      • John has been contacted asking if we would be interested in helping or Advertising
        • All agreed that it would be okay for them to have a table or set up posters at our events
    • BPKSA e-mail list
      • Idea is to keep the KSA e-mail and add a BPKSA e-mail and forward mail for the remainder of this year while we are in transition.
        • John will look into it further
    • CSEP
      • John will forward the e-mail to executives and the e-mail list
    • Act Now BC
      • John will forward the e-mail to executives and the e-mail list
    • Website
      • Matt will ask his friends in Computer Science if they will help us out
    • Additions to the executive e-mail list
      • Matt, Sandra and Marissa please give your e-mail addresses to John or send to ksa@sfu.ca if you have not done so already

Adjournment

  • Meeting was adjourned at 1:17pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next general meeting will be at 12:30pm on October 14th, 2009 in room 7540 TASK 2.

 

Leave a comment!