Minutes – September 10, 2010
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
September 10, 2010
- The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:35pm on September 10, 2010 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by John Abreu-Lanza.
- John, Matt, Lauren, Torny, Marissa, and Sandra
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- Summer Meetings – they were difficult to hold because of schedules.
- This Year (2010/2011):
- should streamline events – have a few successful events rather than all the traditional kin event
- Kin Cup, clothing orders, Careers in Kin, and another social during spring semester
- ? no year end party: not really successful, not enough money, usually only professors and graduates
- ? Pub Night
- Number 1 Priority = Clothing Order!!!
- Supplier is willing to give us samples
- Preferably before the holidays
- Make sure we put time into it to talk to classes and promote
- Need something different: ie. cool slogan or logo; creative stuff
- Ideas: anatomy drawing – instead of labelling bones, use the branches of kin or the small/weird/obscure things that no one knows about; stick man drawing
- Banner – has to be done through SFSS Copy Centre, must have SFSS logo on it
- seems cheaper, can come out of core account
- ? vertical pull out banner – easy to set-up but it rips easier
- Website – still owe the designer money
- need the president and treasurer to sign off on it
- Lauren hopefully heading it up later
- Clubs Day – ? should we have a table: Wednesday for sure, and Tuesday/Thursday
- at this point no tables are booked – if no tables are booked, talk to classes about BPKSA
- have name tags that say: “Ask me if you want to get involved in the BPKSA”
- Welcome Back BBQ – Tuesday, September 21 from 11:30am – 1:00pm
- arrive early to help set-up (10:30/11:00)
- don’t necessarily need a table, just talk to people
- Kin Cup – ? wait until after the clothing order so we have some money
- if we can get money from our core account, we can do it this semester
- Meeting was adjourned at 2:10pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next meeting will be the week of September 13th in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at a time to be determined.