Minutes – September 27, 2012
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Thursday, September 27, 2012
The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 1:30pm on Thursday, September 27, 2012 in the BPK Seminar Room by Steven.
- Steven, Sidney, Lucy, Brent, Megan, Shaila, Amanda, Debbie, Loryn
- Clothing Order
- Most popular: tees (short- and long-sleeve), zip-up hoodies, crew neck sweaters, sweat pants, shorts, toques, yoga pants
- Is there enough interest to have both types of sweaters (crewneck and zip-up) sold at the same time?
- Should we hold two clothing orders (a fall and spring one) offering different clothes each time?
- We will use the FB group to gauge interest in clothing types/price
- An email will be sent out with links to check out the clothes from each potential supplier to see what we like best
- What logo/saying should be used?
- Action potential on the front/ “Reach your potential” on the back
- Heart design on front/ A “heart specific” saying on the back
- Should we allow people the option of choosing what design and logo they want on their clothes?
- The Hive Bouldering Gym Event
- Sidney talked to the manager and he is willing to give us the late night climbing price of $13.25 per person (with free shoe rental and a fall test included)
- late night climb is 8-11pm
- need to set up one or two times to all arrive at to do the fall test
- Monday or Friday may the best night as it is less busy
- we could all meet at SFU and transit there (approx. 10 min walk from Main Street-Science World)
- mid to late November may be a good time if we are trying to avoid midterm season
- Careers in Kin
- Last year there was a limited number of breakout sessions-do we stick with that or offer more this year?
- Steven will talk to Darleen about potential presenters in our top careers so far: Medicine, Physio, AT, OT, Sports Psych, Naturopathic Doctor
- What went well last year:
- Saywell Hall location
- What didn’t go well last year:
- Ordered too much food
- Food policing didn’t work (maybe include name tags this year to help control it better)
- Not a lot of people stayed for the raffle (we could hold the raffle before the last breakout session or we could do raffles at each booth to encourage people to walk around and visit them more)
- Ford Fundraiser Idea
- Ford comes in with 3 brand new vehicles and each time someone test drives one, Ford donates $20 to us
- May be a good fundraiser for Careers in Kin
- Science Spooktacular
- Each program in Science sets up a booth with interactive activites for 6-12 year olds to do
- Kin is looking for volunteers for the day of Oct 27th- if you are interested please let Sophie Dunbar know by Monday
- Ford Fundraiser Idea
Meeting was adjourned at 2:20pm by Steven. The next meeting will be Thursday, October 4, 2012 in the BPK Seminar Room at 1:30pm.