Minutes – July 30, 2012

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

Monday, July 30, 2012

Opening

  • The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:30pm on Monday, July 3o, 2012 in AQ 5038 by Steven.

In attendance

  • Amanda, Sidney, Shaila, Brent, Steven

Approval of Agenda

  • The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

Approval of Minutes

  • The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.

Open Issues

  • Reimbursements
    • Motion to reimburse Lisa Lin$45 for a small shirt order from our own account was unanimously approved.
    • The money to reimburse her will come from our own account as this was a small order done in cash so there was no invoice.
  • Promotional Items
    • Business card update: none of the previous designs we were completely satisfied with
    • Brent has found a friend of his in IAT who is willing to help design a new business card for us.
    • She first has to finish a project for orientation tomorrow and plans to work on it after. Hopefully we will have a draft by next meeting.
    • We narrowed down the selection of promotional pens to 4 options and have decided on a stress ball, lanyard and drawstring sportpack.
    • Steven will look into acquiring samples and we will finalize our decisions when and what to buy after taking a look at the samples.
  • Future Event
    • On-campus BBQ will not happen this summer as the paperwork will take too long
    • Instead plan on hosting a pub event at Highland during the week of exams. The tentative date appears to be Friday August 11 but Brent will take a look at the exam schedule to get an idea of which date would be best.
    • Possibly reward anyone that wears a kin shirt out to the pub with discounted food/drinks or enter them into a draw prize, so start thinking about what kind of prize to give out guys!
  • Week of Welcome
    • We have decided to get a table for week of welcome and clubs days depending on whether or not we have the availability to man the tables.
    • Brent will send an email out inquiring about everyone’s availabilities soon and will know whether to book a table or not.

Adjournment

  • Meeting was adjourned at 1:19pm by BrentThe next meeting will be Monday, August 13, 2012 in AQ 5038 at 12:30pm

 

 

Leave a comment!