Minutes – November 1, 2011
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:37 on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Brent.
- Brent, Torny, Sidney, Lisa
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- General Meeting
- still waiting on constitution
- Potential changes for weekly meetings: different time and day
- 11:30-1:30 on Thursdays is a time where there are no Kin lectures
- Free BPK banner via SFSS
- What should it have? General BPK banner, careers in kin?
- Have to find out what sizes 3×3? 3×6?
- Would like one to fit rolling boards
- have different finish on it: not matt, maybe glossy?
- If we want careers in Kin banner we can get free supplies from SFSS to make one
- Sustainable Campuses Conference
- student planned conference on increasing student awareness of sustainability
- planning meeting Nov 9, 4:30-6:00
- If you’re interested let Brent know
- Roger Takahashi
- Event in AQ 3181 for lecture and have outside space booked for after
- Burrard cater: wraps & sandwich platters $5.59/person
- Cheapest way to go: Costco $13/platter vs $25/platter from SFSS
- Have stamps/tickets/nametag for food
- Volunteers needed for crowd control
- Darleen and Brent will coordinate when food order needs to be sent in
- Darleen will e-mail BPK students
- Students sign up through simplicity
- Changes and Updates to BPK
- UWS (University of Western States) Chiropractic
- want to have a guaranteed admit for kin grads w/ 3.25GPA
- reps coming to next department meeting
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:10am by Brent. The next meeting will be Tuesday, November 8, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 8:30am.