MINUTES – Oct 29, 2014

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Students Association

Meeting Minutes

Wednesday October 29, 2014

 

 

Opening:

The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order by Loryn at 1:30 pm at the Highland Pub.

 

In Attendance:

Shaila, Kirsten, Matt, Sam, Parham, Conrad, Josh, Lukas, Loryn, Garveen, Darleen, Debbie, Matteo, Deepak

 

Open Issues:

 

à SUS Constitution

  • Science Undergraduate Society; estimated to be up and running in Spring 2015
  • Deepak sent Loryn the constitution that has been drafted up, which Loryn will email out to the BPKSA members
  • Faculty of Science wants to create their own student society (similar to SASS, BASS)
  • For this to happen, they need all of the science DSU’s to approve the constitution
  • Creation of the SUS will allow for faculty wide career and social events; will be helpful for people in the Faculty of Science who haven’t declared a major yet
  • Will not be breaking about department student associations
  • Each department in the Faculty of Science will have a representative in the SUS
  • Can voice concerns or ask further questions about the SUS to Deepak
  • Loryn made a motion to support the formation of Science Undergrad Society. Sam seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously approved.

 

àLaser Tag

  • Ashly got back in touch with Planet Lazer
  • We need to give them a set number of people and figure out how we’re going to pay them; they require a deposit 50% of the total cost
  • Deadline for Facebook event: people who are attending must confirm by Saturday night (November 1, 2014) to confirm their attendance
  • Shaila will pay for the deposit

 

àBPK Clothing

  • Shaila will look up pricing for clothing on blankstyle.com; pricing will help determine what clothing/accessories to order
  • Thinking about ordering toques, shaker bottles, crewnecks, new sweatpants
  • Loryn will email a picture of lungs to Sam for the new design

 

àFortius

  • Monday, November 3rd, 2014; need 2 volunteers for their event from 10:30-2:30 pm
  • Anyone interested email Darleen (will send out an email containing more information)

 

 

àCareer Night

  • Cheri wants feedback for the rooms booked for breakout sessions and food; Josh will work on this with Cheri
  • Room bookings won’t be confirmed till January
  • Darleen has gotten into contact with a RMT; Josh is speaking with his uncle (dentist) and his cousin (doctor)

 

àCCR

  • Co-curricular record; essentially a record of volunteer hours dedicated by each individual in the BPKSA
  • Need to make a list of events we’ve volunteered for since July 2014 (i.e peer mentorship, Terry Fox BBQ, BPK Kick-off)

-include who, when, what, how long and then send this to Darleen

-Darleen will then add it to myinvolvement.sfu to give each individual the appropriate credit

 

Adjournment:

The meeting was adjourned by Loryn at 2:20 pm at the Highland Pub. The next meeting of the BPKSA will be on Wednesday November 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm in TASC II 7540.

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a comment!