Minutes – October 14, 2009

Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association

Meeting Minutes

October 14th, 2009

Opening

  • The regular meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 12:33pm on October 14th, 2009 in Task 2 7540 by John Abreu-Lanza.

In attendance

  • John, Lauren, Torny, Lucia, Marissa, Matt, Sandra, Brett and Alanna.

Approval of Agenda

  • The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.

Approval of Minutes

  • The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.

Open Issues

  • Kin Cup
    • Posters
      • Distribution on Thursday: If you can help meet at the copy room at 9:30am
      • Distribution on Friday: Will be meeting at 2:30pm at the copy center
      • John will send out an e-mail to see who else can help early next week
    • E-mail
      • John will talk to Blaine in regards to sending out the list for the undergrads to Lori
    • A copy of the class schedule was passed around for sign-up to speak in the classes this week or early next week
    • Overheads: John will send an e-mail to Lori about doing overheads
    • Snacks: Costco trip and snacks to be decided on at the next meeting
  • Careers in Kin
    • John will talk to Blaine about the web survey
    • Contacts: If you have any, bring them to next week meeting
    • We will have to come up with an elegant letter for the presenters and exhibitioners
  • Clothing
    • We want everything in line by clubs days in January
    • Need to start planning and designing ASAP
    • Come with ideas for next week
    • Start thinking about what worked and didn’t work last year
    • Our hope is to finish before the end of term
    • When the clothing order is complete and comes in, we will plan to have a stuffing party before the clothing is to be distributed
  • Miscellaneous
    • Matt’s Website update
      • Has a friend that can do it in a couple of days
      • Will need a design and the information we want on the site
        • John is able to whip up ideas
        • Everyone to bring ideas to the next meeting and John can put a design together from whatever we decide on
  • Faculty Support Letter
    • If you are interested in sending in a faculty support letter, please forward it to ksa@sfu.ca
  • Banner Vote
    • Proposals for banner and logo designs were passed around for those who did not previously get a chance to vote.
    • Voted for banner 1 and logo 1

Adjournment

  • Meeting was adjourned at 12:50pm by John Abreu-Lanza. The next general meeting will be at 12:30pm on October 21st, 2009 in room 7540 TASK 2.

 

Leave a comment!