Minutes – September 13, 2011
Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology Student Association
September 13, 2011
- The meeting of the BPKSA was called to order at 8:37am on September 13, 2011 in the Kinesiology Seminar Room by Torny.
- Brent, Lauren, Torny, Alex, Steven
Approval of Agenda
- The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed.
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
- BPKSA Elections
- BPKSA Elections will be held at next week’s meeting on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 8:30am in the Kinesiology Seminar Room
- Clothing order
- “Heart” design from Lauren on t-shirt colours red and purple
- Lauren will put in sample order by the end of today. She will be ordering six shirts: S, M, and L in men’s and women’s in both colours
- The order will sent to Brent’s P.O. Box in the States which he is willing to pick up when needed
- Trying to get samples in by research day
- Thinking of having a table for order forms over a period of two weeks so that people fill them out and pay on the spot. We will be asking Laurie if she is okay with selling shirts at the BPK office if people want to. Also ask Laurie if we can store it in the office cabinets.
- We all agreed to spend take $75 from our core account for the clothing samples
- Prices not decided yet: between $15-$20 (Possibly $18 for shirt and add $2 for label
- National Kin Week Oct. 17-21st
- Roger Takahashi is available on Wed 19th or Fri 21st at 6:30pm
- Wine and Cheese/ Cake Event with Diamond Alumni club
- Honour founders Nancy Johnson and Craig Asmundson
- Cost us nothing, we can volunteer and help
- Possibly raffle off a Canucks jersey (last time sold for $500)
- Careers in Kin
- During Geek Week
- Choosing between Tues or Wed night. (Wed night has many kin courses, but there are more students on campus)
- Torny will get us more information by next week about Kin course schedule in the spring semester
- would need to start at 4:30 because of lab tours
- BPK Welcome Back BBQ
- Will be on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 11:30am-1:00pm
- Everyone is welcome: Undergrads, Graduates, Professors, and Staff
- Have lap tops available so that people can sign up for Terry Fox Run
- $3 donation for lunch
- Will be located in the courtyard between the Physics and Kin wings
- Terry Fox Run
- Will be on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 11:15am
- Get all friends to sign up on Kin team even if they can’t run… Kin needs to win in honour of Terry Fox!
- BPK Research day
- Will be on Thursday, September 29, 2011
- Kin Cup
- Scheduled for the Friday night after reading break. Friday, February 24th, 2012
- Pub Night this fall?
- Brent will look into pub night: What nights available? Cost? Ticket printing? Decorating? Sponsor? Get sponsorship letter?
- Possibly a Thursday night
- There are possibilities for grants from SFSS for pub night
- make tickets cheap so that people attend
- Possibly Science pub night instead of just Kin pub night
- End of Year party
- Scheduled for the end of April before exams. Either Friday, April 6th or Friday, April 13th, 2012
- Location is not decided
- Changes to BPK
- Chem 286 has been taken out of the program requirements
- They are changing the amount of directed studies courses needed for the Behavioural Neuroscience program (One from Psyc and one from Kin instead of two from Psyc and three from Kin)
- Dan Marigold may become head of Behavioural Neuroscience for next 2 years
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:11am by Torny. The next meeting will be Tuesday, September 20, 2011in the Kinesiology Seminar Room at 8:30am.